Monday, January 11, 2016

Jan. 11

Today we continued our animal clue project. Now we are trying to come up with at least one clue for each of these categories: appearance, tracks, sounds, survival, habitat, food, and family groups.

Can you guess this animal?
1. I have brown fur with some sliver on my sides and belly.
2. My fur gets thicker to protect me in the winter. I don't hibernate. 
3. I live on the ground but I don't make a burrow. I take shelter under grasses or wood debris.
4. I am an insectivore. That means I eat insects and their larvae, earthworms, spiders, snails, and, rarely, small salamanders.

5. I am about the size of a mouse but with a much more interesting nose! 

Tomorrow is treat day! Please bring 25 cents for a special recess treat. It is also spirit day. For January we are having colour days to make us feel like we are all on a team! Tomorrow the colours are orange and purple. Try to wear as much orange and/or purple as you can!