Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Jan. 27

Today we worked with our Storyteller in residence, Karen Gummo, and started working on creating our own stories using interesting story beginnings. We each had a coloured feather to inspire us because "each feather is a story from a bird".  Here are some of the beginnings we used. Can you think up a story that starts with one of these?

Suddenly I slipped and landed on a ...
It scared me when I saw a...
I heard a buzzing coming closer...
I spied a ________ traveling very fast...
It was such a surprise when a _____ jumped over the bush...
I was walking in the forest when I found it...

I don't know how it happened but I saw a bright light...

This afternoon we continued to work on our Nosehill mural and our animal headbands for storytelling. Some of our headbands are looking really great! 

Tomorrow our helper is: Evelyn

Please remember to bring back your library books. Tomorrow is our library day.