Friday, November 9, 2018

Remembrance Day

Today was our Remembrance Day assembly. Before the assembly we had a bit of time to do an outdoor pattern hunt. We went out with our table groups and an iPad and tried to find at 11 different patterns in nature. We will be using these patterns for a math activity next week. Ask me what kinds of patterns my group was able to find. 

After our recess break it was time to go to the Remembrance Day Assembly. We all did a great job remembering to be respectful during this very serious occasion and enjoyed listening to performances by students in other grades.

When the assembly was over we all met together to say goodbye to Ms. Boyer and welcome to Mrs. Yoon. All the grade 1-2's had secretly made a book of baby advice for Ms. Boyer and Jeff. We presented it to Ms. Boyer along with an alphabet book by Oliver Jeffers (One of Ms. Boyer's favourite authors!). She was so surprised by our gift because we had all kept it a secret for almost 2 weeks!  After that we gave Mrs. Yoon the welcome book we had created for her earlier in the week. We also gave her a Dr. Coffin t-shirt now that she if officially a Dr. Coffin teacher!

Have a great weekend!


A NOTE FROM MS. BOYER

Dear Room 2 students and families,

Thank you so much for all of your hugs and kind wishes as I leave to begin my maternity leave. I am very excited to welcome our new bundle and to spend the year getting to take care of her but I will also miss seeing each of you everyday. I have truly loved being your teacher! 

As you continue your school year I know you and Mrs. Yoon will have an awesome time and you will become even more brilliant than you already are. I will be sure to keep in touch through emails to Mrs. Yoon and I will try to share lots of pictures. 

Have a great year, see you soon!

Love, 
Ms. Boyer